J. Octavio Gutierrez-Garcia received his PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from CINVESTAV and Grenoble Institute of Technology, respectively, in 2009. Currently, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). Before joining ITAM, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (ranked 7th in citations per faculty in the world - 2012 QS World University Rankings) in the Republic of Korea. He has served as a referee for the Mexican Council of Science and Technology, which has recognized him as a member of the National System of Researchers. He is the author of 30 peer-reviewed articles. In addition, one of his articles was included in the SciVerse ScienceDirect Top 25 Hottest Articles (from April to June 2012) of Computer Science published in Future Generation Computer Systems. Dr. Gutierrez-Garcia served as the Lead Guest Editor of a Special Issue on Big Data Applications of the International Journal of Web Services Research as well as a reviewer for numerous international conferences and renowned scientific journals. Furthermore, he served as the program committee co-chair of the IEEE BigData Congress Mexico City Satellite Session and as the applications and work-in-progress track co-chair of the IEEE International Conference on Services Computing.
His research is focused on the design, implementation, and exploitation of agent-based problem solving techniques to achieve complex objectives in continuously evolving, distributed, and service-oriented Cloud systems.
- February 2017. Our paper “Collective action in Organizational Structures” has been accepted for publication in Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory.
- January 2017. Our paper “A taxonomy of workflow scheduling algorithms” has been accepted for publication in the Latin American Conference on High Performance Computing.
- September 2016. Our paper “Collaborative Agents for Distributed Load Management in Cloud Data Centers Using Live Migration of Virtual Machines” was included in the top 50 most frequently accessed documents from July to September 2016 for IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.
- August 2016. I'll be serving as the Lead Guest Editor of a Special Issue on Big Data Applications of the International Journal of Web Services Research.
- August 2016. Our paper “Modeling the Interaction of Emotion and Cognition in Autonomous Agents” has been accepted for publication in Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures.