J. Octavio Gutierrez-Garcia received his PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from CINVESTAV and Grenoble Institute of Technology, respectively, in 2009. Currently, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). Before joining ITAM, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (ranked 7th in citations per faculty in the world - 2012 QS World University Rankings) in the Republic of Korea. He has served as a referee for the Mexican Council of Science and Technology, which has recognized him as a member of the National System of Researchers. He is the author of 30 peer-reviewed articles. In addition, one of his articles was included in the SciVerse ScienceDirect Top 25 Hottest Articles (from April to June 2012) of Computer Science published in Future Generation Computer Systems. Dr. Gutierrez-Garcia has served as a reviewer for numerous international conferences and renowned scientific journals. Furthermore, he served as the program committee co-chair of the IEEE BigData Congress Mexico City Satellite Session and as the applications and work-in-progress track co-chair of the IEEE International Conference on Services Computing.
His research is focused on the design, implementation, and exploitation of agent-based problem solving techniques to achieve complex objectives in continuously evolving, distributed, and service-oriented Cloud systems.
- August 2016. I'll be serving as the Lead Guest Editor of a Special Issue on Big Data Applications of the International Journal of Web Services Research.
- August 2016. Our paper “Modeling the Interaction of Emotion and Cognition in Autonomous Agents” has been accepted for publication in Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures.
- May 2016. Our paper “Determining Personality Traits of Racing Game Players using the Open Racing Car Simulator: Toward Believable Virtual Drivers” has been accepted for publication in Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds.
- January 2016. Our paper “Social Determinants of Police Corruption: Towards Public Policies for the Prevention of Police Corruption” has been accepted for publication in Policy Studies.
- October 2015. Our paper “Collaborative Agents for Distributed Load Management in Cloud Data Centers using Live Migration of Virtual Machines” has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.
- May 2015. Our paper "Agent-based Load Balancing in Cloud Data Centers" has been accepted for publication in Cluster Computing.